Repasa el past participle con este texto corto en inglés
Tras este post explicando el past participle, hemos creado una lectura corta en inglés para practicarlo. Antes de empezar te propongo este ejercicio de rellenar los huecos con el past participle. Las soluciones están marcadas en negrita en el texto más abajo.
- For as long as I can remember, I have (want) to travel the world. (Present Perfect).
- We had (save) up for years and planned the trip for months. (Past Perfect).
- I had never (be) so excited in my life. (Past Perfect).
- We had (book) a walking tour of the city, and by the time it was over, we had (learn) so much about the city’s history and culture. (Past Perfect).
- By the time we left, I had (decide) that I wanted to learn Spanish. (Past Perfect).
- Since returning from Europe, I have (continue) to study Spanish. (Present Perfect).
- I have already (start) researching the best places to visit and things to do. (Present Perfect).
- I have always (feel) that the rewards are worth the effort (Present Perfect).
Si necesitas reforzar la gramática en general en inglés, te recomiendo este curso de A2, perfecto para el inglés básico y formar una base solida antes de saltar al siguiente nivel. ¿Tienes dudas sobre tu nivel de inglés? averígualo rápidamente con nuestra prueba de nivel gratis.
Lectura corta en inglés
The Wanderlust Life: A Journey of Dreams and Adventures
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to travel the world. I have often dreamed about exploring new countries and experiencing different cultures.
Last year, I had the opportunity to travel to Europe with my family. We had saved up for years and planned the trip for months. By the time we arrived, I had never been so excited in my life.
We started in Paris, a city that I had always wanted to visit. By the time we left, we had seen all of the major sights and even had time to explore some of the lesser-known parts of the city. I had never felt so inspired by a place before.
Next, we traveled to Rome. We had booked a walking tour of the city, and by the time it was over, we had learned so much about the city’s history and culture.
After Rome, we traveled to Barcelona. By the time we arrived, I had already fallen in love with the Spanish language and culture. We spent our days exploring the city and trying new foods. By the time we left, I had decided that I wanted to learn Spanish so that I could communicate better with the locals on my future travels.
Since returning from Europe, I have continued to study Spanish. I have also started planning my next big trip. By this time next year, I will have saved up enough money to travel to South America. I have already started researching the best places to visit and things to do.
I know that traveling can be challenging at times, but I have always felt that the rewards are worth the effort. By the time I am an old woman, I hope to have visited every continent and experienced all that the world has to offer. I know that I will have some difficult moments, but I also know that I will have some of the most amazing experiences of my life.
Preguntas de compresión sobre el texto
Si quieres practicar tu writing, aquí tienes unas preguntas para responder. Te dejamos además unos fantásticos consejos y trucos para tu Writing para los exámenes.
- What is the main dream of the narrator?
- How did the narrator feel when they arrived in Europe?
- What did the narrator book in the city they visited?
- What decision did the narrator make after the walking tour?
- What language did the narrator decide to learn?
- What has the narrator been doing since returning from Europe?
- Where does the narrator plan to travel to next?
- What has the narrator been researching?
By the way, no solo somos buenos profesores de inglés sino también somos buenos estudiantes de español. Si ves un fallo en nuestro articulo, abajo nos puedes dejar un comentario con la corrección y la revisamos.