Tips for writing a report:
- Plan your answer, like in every task!
- Make sure you underline the important parts! We have shown you this in the email and the essay. Please go back and check it out if you don’t know what I mean.
- Use headings – reports need headings. These will be using the key parts of the task.
- Use keywords and connectors for contrasting information.
- Be formal – a report is always formal.
- Don’t say “hello” or “dear”, it’s not a letter or email
- Balance your writing on the positive and negative
- You can use bullet points to highlight the main points, or numbers.
- Use our model structure! To help you write better!
Something I think many people miss is that a report tends to use the passive.